Red Coconut Chuttny / Chutny / Chutney / Chuttney
- 1/2 coconut (grated)
- 3 red chillies
- 50 gms of fried gram
- a piece of garlic (5 gms)
- 1/2 table spoon of mustard seeds
- 1/2 table spoon of urad daal
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Salt as per the requirement
- 2 table spoon oil
- Grind the grated coconut with fried gram, 3 red chillies, garlic pieces added with required amount of salt. Grind till it becomes a paste. (This Red Coconut Chuttny paste is specially used for white rice.)
- Heat the oil in a small pan, when its becomes hot, fry the mustard seeds, urad daal, curry leaves. Fry till the urad gaal turn dark in color.
- Once the contents are fried, take away the pan from the heat and add it to the coconut paste.
- Now Red Coconut Chuttny is ready to serve with Soft idly, Dhosai, oothappam, uppma, etc.,