- 2 Cups of Bengal Gram Flour (Kadalai Maavu)
- 1 Cup of Idly Batter
- 1 Cup of Chopped Onion
- 5-6 Green Chillies (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup of Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- Salt as per the requirement
- A pinch of Baking Soda (optional)
- Add bengal gram flour with idly batter and mix them along with little water. Don't add too much water as the mixture should be just little thicker than idly batter.
- After 15 minutes add chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves to this mixture.
- Also, add salt as per the requirement and a pinch of baking soda (optionally). Mix them well
- Heat require amount of oil in a pan
- Prepare lemon sized small ball out of this mixture and deep fry them in oil till it turns golden brown color
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining mixture/balls
- Spicy bonda is now ready and you can serve this with coconut chuttney or Onion chuttney