Paruppu Vadai / Crispy Vadai (Kadalai Paruppu Vadai)
- 2 Cups of Bengal Gram (Kadalai Paruppu or Vadai Paruppu)
- 2 Table Spoon of Raw Rice (Pacharisi)
- 1 Cup of Chopped Small Onion
- 1/2 Lemon Size Ginger
- 5-6 Green Chillies (Chopped)
- Few Curry Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- Salt as per the requirement
- Soak bengal gram & raw rice for 1-1/2 hours (The purpose of raw rice is the vada will become so crispy)
- After the due time, filter the water and grind the bengal gram, raw rice & ginger coarsely without adding water.
- With this coarse mixture, add chopped onions, green chillies, curry & coriander leaves, salt as per the requirement. Mix them well
- Heat oil in a pan
- Make this paste as a small ball size patties and deep fry them in oil till it turns golden brown color.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining mixture
- Now serve the hot Parru Vadai with coconut chuttney